Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Track Of The Day :: PARKER - Become The Fool


Credit: Jacob Collings


Words: Linn Branson 

A voice to bring a tear to the eye in its purity, quality and authenticity. Tash Parker is a goddess. The visual artist, songwriter and musician from Tasmania known simply as PARKER, captures an essence of heartbreak and power as she sings about an unbalanced relationship in which one person ends up sacrificing too much of themselves and their dreams for another, on 'Become The Fool'.

Coming with visuals directed by Hans van Vliet and inspired by Bauhaus architecture and design, the Australian art-pop electronica artist weaves an hypnotic spell as much on the eyes as the ears.

"It is so packed with meaning, and hopefully it speaks to anyone who has found themselves in an unbalanced relationship," she says.

“When a relationship ends it can be devastating. But what happens afterwards can be a beautiful mess of experiences and vivid feelings. When I got to the end of my longest relationship, I realised I had lost so much of myself. I had been living for someone else and their dreams for so long I didn’t know who I was without them. But through this experience, I was set free to find myself again, to pursue my creative practice with all my heart.”

Be entranced below.

No comments:

Post a Comment