Friday, June 19, 2020

The Van Ts are 'Seeing Stars' on blistering new single





Words: Sam Geary 

Scottish alt-rock quartet The Van T’s return with a buzzin new single, the f'Seeing Stars'. The fuzz-laden ode to self-preservation is out today via 7 West Music.

Produced by Margo Bloom at Hermitage Studios, the reverb-driven track serves as a taster of their upcoming EP. Charmingly caustic and confident, The Van T’s manifest the pursuit of happiness into a soaring dreamscape of vocal harmonies, percussion and lyrics that speak to existential becoming.

 “I wrote ‘Seeing Stars’ off the back of an ongoing battle with mental health issues," explains Hannah Van Thompson. "After a year-long slump I started off with the lyrics ‘I want to believe in something inside me’. It started off as words on paper and grew arms and legs until eventually I had a song. I’m happy with the way the music itself resonates a sense of growth in strength. I wanted the song to be punchy and bright, it sort of reflects the way I want to progress in getting better. I hope those who have the same issues can relate to this song.”

Listen in below.

No comments:

Post a Comment