Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Baby Queen unveils new single, 'Pretty Girl Lie', and announces debut EP






Words: Ellie Ward 

After recently sharing 'Medicine' and 'Buzzkill', London-based Bella Lathum, aka Baby Queen, has unveiled a new single, 'Pretty Girl Lie'.

The critique on the prevalence of Photoshop and filters, comes with the announcement that her debut EP, 'Medicine', will arrive on November 6 via Polydor.

“I wrote this song after becoming increasingly frustrated with the relationship between my real-life identity and the person I was pretending to be online," explains Bella on 'Pretty Girl Lie'.

"I grew up with really bad body dysmorphia which I believe was partly caused by the image of the stereotypically 'pretty girl' I saw in the media all around me, and the fact that photoshop made this image completely unattainable.

"We're heading towards a reality wherein everybody edits their pictures, slims their noses, chisels their jaw bones, whitens their teeth and reshapes their thighs. I'm just over it. It's not cool. It's actually very uncool.

"If people aren't going to stop doing it, then all the kids should know that nothing is real, and this is my way of telling them that.”

Check 'Pretty Girl Lie' below.

No comments:

Post a Comment