Wednesday, September 02, 2020

LA duo Loveless release the sweeping 'Someone Else'





Words: Sam Geary 

Released last week, Los Angeles-based duo Loveless have unveiled their widescreen new single, 'Someone Else', on which they have also brought in Sleeping With Sirens' vocalist Kellin Quinn.

The pop-rock packed three minutes finds vocalist Julian Comeau and multi-instrumentalist Dylan Tirapelli-Jamail pushing their way through a wave of power-charged instrumentals and impacting, down-tempo vocals.

"I initially wrote it about my high school crush," says vocalist Julian Comeau. "It kinda evolved into a song about any night where you’re stuck, staring at the ceiling going ‘why cant I think of anything else, can I please stop seeing that person’s face? Can I stop thinking about that time I said that stupid thing or made a fool of myself?’

"‘Someone Else’ is both you and the person you wish you couldn’t see, in a sense. Most our songs basically start about relationships and then turn into angst-filled songs about our anxieties taking over control."

No comments:

Post a Comment