Friday, January 25, 2019

Yak collaborate with Spiritualized's J. Spaceman on 'This House Has No Living Room'




Words: Sam Geary

Yak have taken up partnership with Spiritualized's J. Spaceman for 'This House Has No Living Room', the closing track on their upcoming album 'Pursuit Of Momentary Happiness', out on February 8.

"This is the last song we recorded at RAK and it’s definitely my favourite," says frontman Oli Burslem. "It sums the whole record up. I guess it’s inspired by mortality and memories of loved ones past and present. It also features my good friend John Coxon on piano and harmonica without whom I doubt the band would be where we are today. If it's the last piece of music I ever make I’ll be happy.”

Watch the video to the eight minute track, directed by Jonny Lu, below.



Live dates

MARCH
29 Birmingham, Castle & Falcon
30 Norwich, Arts Centre

APRIL
01 Cardiff, Clwb Ifor Bach
02 Oxford, O2 Academy 2
03 London, The Dome
05 Leeds, Brudenell Social CLub
06 Nottingham, Bodega Social Club
08 Liverpool, Arts Club
09 Manchester, YES
11 Newcastle, The Cluny
12 Glasgow, King Tut’s
13 Dublin, Whelan’s

No comments:

Post a Comment