Monday, May 13, 2019

Watch out - there's an 'Evil Spider' on New Zealand's Bene!





Words: Ellie Ward 

About to hit the the UK (well, London) next month for a handful of shows, 19-year-old, Auckland-based indie pop artist Bene returns with her latest single, 'Evil Spider', released last week.

Coming on the back of her breakout single 'Soaked', the rising New Zealander has also announced her debut EP is set for release on June 28.

“‘Evil Spider’ is about wanting someone that’s already taken," she says. "When writing the song, I didn’t wanna make the lyrics too obviously evil, so I thought I’d turn myself into the spider, making it a lil lighter and making the song revolve around me weaving webs to lure the person, catch ‘em like a spider then reel them in. I remember humming ‘Incy Wincy Spider’ in the studio, which inspired the playful vibe of the song.”

Follow on Facebook



UK/EU live dates

JUNE
02 London - Notting Hill Arts
04 Amsterdam - Cinetol
05 London - The Waiting Room
09 Berlin - Kantine am Berghain
11 Stockholm - Obaren
13 London - OMEARA
15 London - Bushstock Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment