Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Listen :: Mermaidens - I Might Disappear


Credit: Steven Acres



Words: Sam Geary 

After recently visiting our UK shores, Mermaidens are already planning another visit in September - see below - to coincide with the release of their third full-length, 'Look Me In The Eye', out September 6 on Flying Nun Records.

The New Zealand trio have also revealed the first track from the record, ‘I Might Disappear’, along with a music video.

"Being close to someone can bring you to share all the weird thoughts and anxieties that wouldn’t usually leave the inside of your mind. In a way, I think that’s the best thing about intimate relationships. But it’s also really scary! 'I Might Disappear' is a song about the mess of feelings I have when I make myself vulnerable to another person, and the dread that this will push them away," the band said of the track.



UK dates

SEPTEMBER
21 Elsewhere, Margate
22 The Library, Oxford
23 The Hug And Pint, Glasgow
24 Picture House Social, Sheffield
25 Old Blue Last, London

No comments:

Post a Comment