Thursday, January 16, 2020

'Me & You Together Song' - and The 1975






Words: Ali Mack

Something to brighten up a dismal January evening: a new single from The 1975.

'Me & You Together Song' is delivered as a forerunner to the band's fourth album, ‘Notes On A Conditional Form', which will follow on April 24.

"I can't remember when we met because she didn't have her top on / I improvised a little bit, she said my references were 'spot on' / ‘Can I take you for a drink?' / She said Oh God, I'll have to think. Because we're mates, it doesn't feel right?!' / And I said 'it's cool' and 'I was only messing' but it's true / Yeah it's you / You're the one that makes me feel right..." - which may either be the best, or the very worst lyrics you've heard this decade!

The jangly cut was premiered earlier this evening (January 16) on Annie Mac's BBC Radio 1 show as her Hottest Record In The World.

No comments:

Post a Comment