Friday, April 24, 2020

'Oh Please', Tom Grennan releases new single


Credit: Mark Mattock


Tom Grennan has released new single 'Oh Please', a soulful coming-of-age lament, produced by Eg White (Amy Winehouse, Adele) and Zach Witness (Erykah Badhu, Andre 3000).

“When writing ‘Oh Please’ I was listening to a lot of Curtis Mayfield, Nas, Kendrick, and of course Amy Winehouse, and I wanted to channel this through the song," says Tom. "The opening transports me back to visiting America, crossing the Brooklyn bridge for the first time and seeing Manhattan. It really hit me at that moment that anything was possible, and I saw things clearer than ever before. I felt euphoric and excited for the future, a chapter closed and a beautiful new beginning ahead. It changed my mindset towards relationships, to focus my energy on learning from them rather than going into a darker, angry place.

"‘Oh Please’ is about learning from relationships. It’s about staying strong and making the right decisions with respect and grace.”

Currently self-isolating under lockdown, Tom last week revealed he has been recovering from Covid-19 symptoms himself, turning to social media to share his experience and urging fans to stay at home.

Tom had returned from London to his hometown of Bedford to join the local community relief effort, volunteering with Bedford Kindness to help deliver supplies to Bedford Foodbank. Tom, who had also been helping deliver shopping and walking dogs for his elderly neighbours in East London said, “being back in Bedford, I wanted to make sure I could help and support my local community and make as much of a difference as I can."

Listen in via the karaoke lyric video, inspired by the track's "come closer, feel closer" refrain, encouraging fans to “Feel Closer” from home and #OhPleaseSingalong.

No comments:

Post a Comment