Monday, September 21, 2020

Track Of The Day :: EGOISM - Here's The Thing





Words: Ellie Ward 

It was just over a year ago that Australian duo EGOISM came by our ears with their dreampop dazzler 'What Are We Doing?'.

Not a moment too soon, Sydney-based Scout Eastment and Olive Rush return to fuse their dual vocals around new single 'Here’s The Thing', released last Friday. Preceding forthcoming EP 'On Our Minds' EP (out November 6), the track was written, recorded and produced by the duo in their bedrooms, and mixed by Matthew Neighbour (The Avalanches, Matt Corby, Sky Ferreira).

“I wrote ‘Here’s the Thing’ in the middle of winter while I was house-sitting my friend’s studio apartment in the city while they went to Europe," reveals Olive. "At the time I was dropping out of TAFE, my relationship was falling apart, and it wouldn’t stop raining outside. It felt like the world was caving in on itself. It was hard to finish this one; listening to a past version of myself singing about feeling absolutely heartbroken over and over again - it’s totally draining.

"I like it now, but it took some time. I don’t think I’ve ever captured a moment through lyrics that intensely before.”

We like it too! Wrap yourself in their alt-pop/dreamgaze melodies and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment