Friday, February 26, 2021

Indoor Foxes delights with her relationship 'letter', ‘Mr Yellow Eyes’ 


Words: Ellie Ward 

Edinburgh’s Indoor Foxes, aka Martha Barr, is back with the follow-up to 'Peach Stone', released today (February 26).

New track, the self-produced 'Mr Yellow Eyes', channels more of her signature lo-fi bedroom-pop, with sprinkled synths and infectious guitar tones.

"I wrote this song as a letter to my dad about my partner and how much I want to show him how happy we are but how sad it can be," Martha says. "I’m looking back to my family for advice on how to make this relationship work when they feel so far from you. 

"I wanted to talk about how it feels to watch something so beautiful start to feel so heavy and to acknowledge that I don’t know what I’m doing or how to make it work – and that’s OK." 

No comments:

Post a Comment