Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews, today we take time out with Lisbon.
The Whitley Bay four-piece have been picking up fans such Annie Mac, Huw Stephens and Zane Lowe over the last 18 months with their catchy, vibrant alt-pop anthemic style, with pulsing drum beats, jittery guitar lines and flowing percussion. Lisbon play The Great Escape as part of their May UK tour.
1. First time at TGE?
Yeah, it's our first time and we literally cannot wait. We're so excited to play/see friends from all around the country - it's going to be class!
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
This will be our first time, but not our manager's so we'll be expecting him to show us the ropes. I'm sure he'll have us running around Brighton having loads of fun!
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
We're playing Friday and Saturday so we'll be sticking around to have some fun with some good mates!
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
I think the highlight's gonna be playing our new single 'Shark'. We really can't wait to show you all our clever little plans we've mustered up for the live show!
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish 'n' chips, or other?
Most likely at a bar (hopefully free bar) where we shall be taking full advantage of Brighton's finest ales and liquors.
6. Aside from building sandcastles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
Probably down the pier playing Guitar Hero in the arcade bit. Last time we were there it all got a bit heated and there's some unfinished business left, plus its just generally class.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Declan McKenna is definitely a must see. He came out on the road with us on our most recent tour and we all had a right good time together. It'll be good to catch up with him again.
8. Where and when can we catch you at the festival?
On Friday we are playing The Mesmerist (free entry, no wristband needed) for Killing Moon, and on Saturday we're playing Komedia at 2.30pm.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Go see something new and unexpected, you never know what you might find.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."
We're a bunch of sound Geordies who are pure class at their instruments.
(Questions answered by the band's lead guitarist Joe Atkinson.)
Track Lisbon on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 19 - 21. Click here for further information.