Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews, today we take time out with Pumarosa
Pumarosa are a five-piece band from London, whose music has been described as “industrial spiritual” and brings together the brooding, heavier songwriting of PJ Harvey or Patti Smith with the groove-led and nocturnal electronics of The Knife and Cocteau Twins.
1. First time at TGE?
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?'
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish 'n' chips, or other?
We'll be celebrating at the bar on the beach, eating fish and chips off the sand with our hands behind our backs and other.
6. Aside from building sandcastles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
I'm sorry but we're not talking a little bucket and spade here...that's ridiculous. We love Brighton and have good friends there so it's always a pleasure. We also have a couple of radio sessions which we are looking forward to.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Stormzy and 808Ink.
8. Where and when can we catch you at the festival?
Thursday 19th May 22:00 Komedia.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Try and strike the right balance between agility and accessories.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."
You must see us at The Great Escape because we will play some really great music!
(Questions answered by the band's drummer Nick Owen.)
Track Pumarosa on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 19 - 21. Click here for further information.