Tuesday, May 03, 2016
The Great Escape Artist Preview :: INHEAVEN
Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews, today we take time out with INHEAVEN.
South-east London's INHEAVEN arrived early last year as a mystery outfit, but whose first self-produced track 'Regeneration' was enough to impress Radio 1's Annie Mac, most of the blogosphere, and Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas who released the single on his Cult Records label in the US. The four-piece take a sonic template that encompasses full-out feedback, whacking bone-crushing drums, and post-punk grating noise guitar riffs and offer a vibrant, engaging live performance.
1. First time at TGE?
Yes, first time playing, can't wait!
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?'
Been as a punter before but never played. Very honoured, and heard the sea's lovely and warm!
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
Unfortunately, we are playing in between tour dates so will just be a one night stand.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
Playing our new single 'Baby's Alright', of course.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish 'n' chips, or other?
Eating chips. It's what we do best.
6. Aside from building sandcastles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Spring King and Pumarosa!!!
8. Where and when can we catch you at the festival?
Friday 9pm at the Green Door Store.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Drink beer, it makes it more fun!
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."
You must see us at The Great Escape because we wear brilliant and dazzling shirts, but please remember to bring protective goggles!
Track INHEAVEN on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 19 - 21. Click here for further information.