Tuesday, October 18, 2016

[Video] The Growlers - I'll Be Around





Words: Sam Geary

Southern California scuzz rockers, The Growlers, share their video for 'I’ll Be Around' taken from their new album 'City Club', co-produced by Julian Casablancas and Shawn Everett (this year’s Grammy Award winner for his work with Alabama Shakes).

Directed by Warren Fu (known for his work with Daft Punk, Depeche Mode, The Strokes and HAIM), the surreal hospital-set clip with singer Brooks Nielson getting the kind of treatment that should make us appreciate the NHS even more!

Of the song itself, Nielsen says: "The song is about people calling me out on my constant contradictions and my weak argument to defend my actions and appease their expectations. I thought that a video of me dying would be a good example of how it all doesn’t really matter. Life’s too short.”

As part of the band's ongoing world tour, they head to Europe and the UK next month.

November
08 Krust, Hamburg, GER
09 Zoom, Frankfurt, GER
10 Strom, Munich, GER
11 Beatpol, Dresden, GER
12 Columbia Theatre, Berlin, GER- SOLD OUT
15 Paradiso, Amsterdam, NETH- SOLD OUT
16 Brixton Electric, London, ENG
17 Cabaret Sauvage, Paris, FR

No comments:

Post a Comment