Thursday, November 17, 2016

** VIDEO PREMIERE ** Pip Hall - Devil You Don't





Words: Linn Branson

We first came by 16-year-old Preston singer/songwriter Pip Hall back in July, featuring her here with a short interview and run through of some of her stunningly penned tracks.

Although gaps now replace the original tunes on the feature as having since signed to the My Little Empire label, these will no doubt reappear at some point on the future, but the three formed her debut EP 'Sisters' which she put out in May.

This week she unveils her new track ‘Devil You Don’t’, for which Little Indie now brings you first viewing of the visuals - filmed by Callum Scott-Dyson from CSD Videography - for.

"This was the first video shoot I'd ever done," Pip tells us. "It felt very strange being on the other side of the camera for once, but I became a little more accustomed to it as after a while and was happy with the results."

Recorded "in my bedroom with one mic and a tiny Roland interface through logic", ‘Devil You Don’t’ is the lead single from her second EP ‘James’ due for release on March 10 2017 via My Little Empire Records. The soft focus clip is a simple treatment, that complements, rather than detracts from, the song's pulsing synth base and Pip's smoky, soulful vocals.

"I talk about being alone a lot, especially in this song. It's about the relationships between me and the people close to me, the fact that I've been betrayed and too afraid to stand up for myself so I willingly let people have the satisfaction of 'winning'. I also touched on the fact that I'm my biggest enemy, and an unknown one at that. My thoughts eat me alive and I build a wall around myself so much so that it's hard to be happy sometimes hence the lyrics, "I build my walls so high I have no source of light".

We think there's going to be a lot of light shone on young Ms Hall in the future - she has already this week been made John Kennedy's 'Hot One' on his Radio X Xposure show - so mark her down as a name to watch in 2017.

More info: FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment