Friday, March 17, 2017

Listen :: Feist shares upcoming album title track - 'Pleasure'




Words: Sam Geary

The Canadian indie pop chanteuse Leslie Feist announced her first album in six years, ‘Pleasure’ - out on April 28 - earlier this week, and to close off she now shares the title track.

“I titled the album ‘Pleasure’ like I was planting a seed or prophecising some brightness," she says. "The experience of pleasure is mild or deep, sometimes temporal, sometimes a sort of low grade lasting, usually a motivator. If the way you look at things is how they look, then my motivation is to look with a brighter eye.”

“I made this record last winter with 2 of my closest friends, Mocky and Renaud LeTang. I was raw and so were the takes. Our desire was to record that state without guile or go-to’s and to pin the songs down with conviction and our straight up human bodies.”


No comments:

Post a Comment