Credit: Andy Hughes
Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we next take time out with Paris Youth Foundation.
Fast rising Liverpudlian five-piece Paris Youth Foundation might be a 'Lost Cause' in the title of their newest third single release, but in theory this is a band with plenty of mileage ahead, melding indie rock ingredients with Kevin Potter’s meaningful vocals and towering guitar riffs.
1. First time at TGE?
Yep, first time.
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
First time newbies.
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
Day trip starting at 4am then sticking round to see what Brighton has to offer.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
Kev's dance moves.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Can we do all three? But definitely fish and chips.
We've got some friends in Brighton who want to meet up, and a few bands that we want to see. Apart from that, it's sandcastles all the way.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Loads of boss bands playing, too many to mention them all. The Bay Rays, The Magic Gang and Anteros would be our picks. Went on tour with The Magic Gang this month, really nice lads and Brighton locals too.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
We're on on the Friday at Patterns Upstairs at 2.30pm, and then again at The East Wing at 7.15pm.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Phone charger, stay hydrated, plan out who you want to see. And if you've got a dog, come and say hello.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because..."
...because we're getting up at 4am to play so it's the least you can do really isn't it?
(Questions answered by vocalist Kevin Potter and guitarist Tom Morris Jones)
Track Paris Youth Foundation on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.