Glasgow-based surf-rock four-piece The Van T’s - twin sisters Hannah and Chloe Van Thompson (guitar, vocals), Joanne Forbes (bass) and Shaun Hood (drums) - turn out caustic, jagged yet melodic waves of gutsy, riff-driven guitar soundscapes, accented by a rhythm section creating foot-tapping, hip-shaking grooves fused together by effected harmonised vocals. New single 'Fresh Meat' is out on June 9.
1. First time at TGE?
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper
as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
We're all gonna be first timers to Brighton as well as The Great Escape!
We'll be sticking around all day Thursday and hopefully catch a few acts early Friday.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
Noisy guitars, glitter and hopefully lots of dancing.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
All of the above sounds about right! But realistically, catch us at the bar.
6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
Probably checking out all the bands that'll be playing and trying to pat some dogs along the way.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Just going to see who we stumble across. I would recommend Be Charlotte, Emme Woods, October Drift, The Moonlandingz, Indigo Velvet, The LaFontaine's, TeenCanteen, Shogun, Saint Phnx and Spinning Coin.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
Thursday at 2:30-3:00
Showcasing Scotland at Brighthelm Centre. Same evening, 7:30-8:00 Amazing Radio at Sticky Mike's Frog Bar.
Catch as much live music as you can, even musicians you've never heard of. You never know when you're gonna find something amazing. Have fun, get drunk.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because...
...because we like to have a good time on stage and hopefully this should reflect through our performance. We love glitter and drinking gin. It would be great to share that with those who come to see us. Our drummer may even eat a banana. Come have a dance. xoxoxo
(Questions answered by bassist Joanne Forbes)
Track The Van T's on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.