Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we next take time out with Estrons.
Cardiff’s Estrons combine wiry guitars with energy-fuelled, bold and fuzzy rhythms enhanced by Tali Källström's soulful vocals, to create their own blend of razor sharp post-punk with high-octane alt-rock.
No, we played last year at Bleach, so it's great to be playing Bleach again before it closes for good.
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
I've been once before a few years ago, but most of us are newbies here.
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
We're playing two shows in one day, one at 3pm and one at 11pm, so we'll probably be too tired to leave...plus some of our favourite acts are playing over the weekend.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
You tell me. You never know what's going to happen in one of our sets. Last time in Brighton we had to stop because the crowd broke the barrier and broke our amps. We carried on after all of security had to guard the stage perimeters. Good show.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Last year we did all of the above - plus skinny dipping. We stayed with a strange lady who would only make our bassist tea but told the rest of us to leave. This year we won't be using Air BnB and I think I plan on watching a lot more bands.
Seeing some great sword shops, and cake shops, and rubber duck shops. You don't get much of these in Cardiff.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
Husky Loops. We toured with them in February. Nothing else out there like it so worth it if you want something well, really good.
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
Friday 19th: 3.15pm Bleach, 11.15pm Green Door Store.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Plan your day. Don't go to one venue, get comfy, horrendously drunk - and have no one to talk about when it's all over. It's happened to me too many times.
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because...
...because without an audience we wouldn't have an audience.
(Questions answered by vocalist Tali Källström.)
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.