Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we take time out with PLAZA.
The Hartlepool four-piece released their debut single, 'Totem' in 2016. Their songs blend lyrical anthems of growing up and youthful romance, with strong vocals and evocative guitar lines. Latest single, 'In The Know', came out last month on Clue Records, and was produced by Forever Cult bassist Alex Greaves at The Nave in Leeds.
1. First time at TGE?
Yes, it’s our first time at The Great Escape Festival. Stoked to finally make an appearance.
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
First time newbie homie. We have played Brighton before supporting HAUS, it was actually at Komedia which is where we are playing at TGE.
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
We’re heading down Friday late afternoon, gonna stay over until Sunday and maybe go home then; depending on how we feel, we may stay till next year.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
The highlight of our set will be the fact that William can now stand up as his pot has been removed from his leg. We toured with The Night Café through Jan/Feb and Will snapped his ankle the week before we went.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Will and I will deffo be on the beach eating fish and chips, Swinny will be in the bar all day and Sticher will probably be on the Pier playing in the arcades.
6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
We will probably just be walking about. I love Brighton it’s a very cool chilled out place. Just catch up with some friends and enjoy the (hopefully) good weather.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
I’m really into this guy called Bakar at the minute, R&B/Rap/Indie, he’s playing at like 11pm on the Friday so I’m hoping we get to Brighton in time to catch his set. Boniface, Demob Happy, Forever Cult, Gengahr, Gus Dapperton, Ross from Friends, The Night Café, Trudy & The Romance, Yellow Days - all are must see’s!
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
We’re playing Saturday 19th at Komedia 12:15pm.
9. Any tips for festival goers?
Drink H20 and tequila (not together).
10. Complete this sentence: "You must see us at The Great Escape because...
because we are proper sound down to earth lads that are here for a good time, not a long time.
(Questions answered by vocalist Bradley Lennard)
Track Plaza on Facebook
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 17 - 19. Click here for further information.