Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Wild Nothing drops new track 'Partners In Motion'


Credit: Cara Robbins


Words: Sam Geary

Jack Tatum is readying his Wild Nothing fourth studio album, 'Indigo', to be released on August 31 through Captured Tracks. Recorded at LA’s Sunset Sound with co-producer Jorge Elbrecht, the 11-track record is the follow-up to 2016's 'Life Of Pause'.

Ahead of that he has unveiled a new single, 'Partners in Motion', of synths, echoing vocals, some groovy guitars, plus the saxophone of Taylor Plenn, all of which combine to lend a retro feel.

“I wanted it to sound like a classic studio record, as close as I could get it there," says Tatum.
"It just boils down to me wanting to fit into some larger narrative, musically, in terms of these artists I love. I think about how my music will age. Ideas of ‘timeless’ are going to be different - so if 'Indigo' is not timeless then it’s at least ‘out of time'.”

No comments:

Post a Comment