Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Ian Sweet advances second album with lead single 'Hiding'


Credit: Kelsey Hart


Words: Sam Geary

LA-via-Boston's Ian Sweet - aka Jilian Medford - follows her 2016 debut album 'Shapeshifter' with a powerful and affecting video for single cut, 'Hiding'.

With new full-length 'Crush Crusher' due on October 26, via Hardly Art, she says of the psych-dreamgaze track:

"'Hiding' is a song I wrote for myself to be reminded to never get consumed with anything to the point of forgetting about my own needs. This song is a projection of a sanctuary in which I feel safe and strong in my own desires. It is something I long for, to be confident in the things that make me, me.
"The song opens with convincing myself that it is OK to hide/shy away from situations when really I should never have to convince myself of anything other than what, just... feels good. This is my admittance to losing and forgetting something to someone else, but demanding to take it back."



No comments:

Post a Comment