Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Track Of The Day :: IV League - Lose Me





Words: Ellie Ward

A Little Indie Track Of The Day earlier in the year with ‘Superstar’ Melbourne's IV League precede their debut EP - due early next year - with new number, ‘Lose Me’.

Whilst its garage-pop essence shines forth, it is in its fuzzy melodic structure and Bella Venuti's standout vocal delivery that bring the listener back for more.

“The lyrics of this song came to me as I toyed with its melancholic opening riff that I had been working on for a while," says Bella. "The result was a self-reflection of sorts, assessing my feelings at a pretty dark and confusing time in my life in which I was feeling really scared and anxious about the transition from adolescence into early adulthood. The song was a plea both to myself and those around me to not give up and stick it out as I worked to break though this mental block and feel stronger.”

Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment