Thursday, February 14, 2019

Listen :: Saltwater Sun share new single 'Blood'




Words: Sam Geary

Out today (February 14), Reading's Saltwater Sun are back with their first single of 2019, ‘Blood’.

The indie rock track with a pop topping and layered guitar melodies comes from their forthcoming EP, 'The Great Deceiver' due this April.

“Since the death of my father, I’ve come to know joy as sorrow-tinged throughout each altering epoch and mundane happiness in my life,” says frontwoman Jen Stearnes. “With age, I mourn less for my loss and more for his, and so endeavor to carry his memory so that he might live on through me. It’s deeply personal, yet completely universal; ‘Blood’ is about finding solace in the idea that we might transcend death through lineage."

Listen here.



Live dates

FEBRUARY
22 The Shacklewell Arms, London (w/ Pom Poko)

MAY
04 Live At Leeds
05 Liverpool Sound City
17 Hoxton Bar & Kitchen, London (Close Up Festival)

No comments:

Post a Comment