Monday, May 06, 2019

Track Of The Day :: SADSUN - Heads or (Tails)






Words: Sam Geary 

Released last Friday (May 3), Newcastle duo SADSUN - Aimy Miller (vocals, production) and Simon Atkinson (synths, guitar, production) - bring more of their "moody pop" to new single ‘Heads or (Tails)’.

Following their February debut with ‘Control’, the 80s production gloss of
‘Heads or (Tails)’ brings with it a glistening sheen to their synth-pop sound, with Aimy's irresistible vocals accompanied by gated drums and funky guitar.

"'Heads or (Tails)' is an attempt at exploring the chaos of emotions," states Aimy. "When it was written, I was struggling to get a grip on how I was feeling day to day - it felt as though it could literally be down to a flip of a coin. One moment I was over the moon happy, the next I was through the floor hopeless and experiencing a lot of physical pain. I was aware how it must have been for someone to see me like that and I just wanted everything to stop."

Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment