Friday, December 06, 2019

Sad Boys Club stream new EP 'Four Shades of the Transitional Phase'





Words: Sam Geary 

Sad Boys Club unveil their second EP today, the elaborately titled 'Four Shades of the Transitional Phase'.

The four-track record, produced by the bassist, Pedro Caetano Leite, includes previous drops, ‘Dead Fridays’ and ‘Kukachu’, with new numbers, ‘666’ and ‘Swoon’.

“The title really tells you what the EP is 'concerned' with," explains singer Jacob Wheldon. "I’m wary of reducing it further than that. Half explores my personal experience of loss and anxiety, an absence of direction maybe, and the other half deals with the profound affection I have recognized for the people who supported me through that time.

“I think it’s an optimistic record. I hope people find reason to see it that way.”

You can catch Sad Boys Club live at Colours in Hoxton, London for their EP launch show tomorrow, December 7. Meanwhile, take a listen to the record in full below.


No comments:

Post a Comment