Friday, October 02, 2020

Phantom Isle share new single ‘Whip’


Credit: Julia Lucas



Words: Sam Geary 

Out this week, London-based new wave four-piece Phantom Isle crack the 'Whip' with their new single.

The disco-infused, electro-pop bop, with synth-dappled melodies and nods to 80s pop, is, as drummer, Sam Thorne said he tried to make it, 'as danceable as possible."

“I wrote the lyrics by putting myself back into the mindset of my teenage years,” he adds. “It was a very turbulent time for me, and my mind became a hotbed of chaotic thoughts and selfish decisions."

“The chords came from Vulfpeck and lounge music, the voice came from classic thriller disco, and the synth sounds were a mix of mid-80’s electro-pop and early 90’s techno,” keyboardist Joshua Guy says.

Try ‘Whip' below.

No comments:

Post a Comment