Monday, December 14, 2020

Georgia is 'Running Up That Hill' on Kate Bush cover


Words: Sam Geary 

Georgia has unveiled a new cover version of Kate Bush's classic track 'Running Up That Hill'.

It comes with a video, directed by Charlie Di Placido, which also features her brother, contemporary dancer, Sid Barnes. 

“Closing my live sets with 'Running Up That Hill' has been a pure joy, and it sparked the idea to record it," says Georgia. "But, it didn’t start there, Kate Bush has been part of my life and a major influence on my work since I could sing a note. Her music was always played by both my mum and dad, and when I began to understand the way that sound and production worked, I embarked on my own intimate and personal journey with her music. 

"For me, it was more than just a cover, it was emotional, and an experience I’ll always treasure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment