Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Shura is back with new song, 'obsession', and visuals


Shura has announced a deluxe version of her 2019 album 'forevher', which will be released on March 19 via Secretly Canadian. Alongside the announcement, Shura has shared the unreleased track ‘obsession’.

The 'forevher' deluxe edition will be released digitally (with a limited run of cassettes to be released at a later date), featuring the eleven original album tracks with nine extras. These include  acoustic versions of five album tracks - recorded and produced with Sam Evian, and featuring Hannah Cohen on backing vocals. 

"‘obsession was one of the songs I wrote whilst I was writing 'forevher', says Shura. "I always wanted it to be a duet between two women but it never came to fruition during the recording process. Then, when I toured 'forevher' in Europe, Rosie Lowe came with us and we’d always spoken about wanting to collaborate on something together and I suddenly remembered this song, which I loved but had somehow never finished. I sent the track across to Ro and when she sent back her rough take I was like ‘YES. this is it.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment