Thursday, April 16, 2020

Listen :: Nation Of Language - Friend Machine




Words: Sam Geary 

Brooklyn synthpoppers Nation Of Language continue to drop enticement from their upcoming album. After last month giving us 'September Again', they return with 'Friend Machine'.

Preceding release of their debut long player, 'Introduction, Presence', on May 22,  the track, says frontman Ian Devaney, is "about my own unhealthy relationship with technology. Like many people, I just spend too much time with it. There's a struggle that forms as I attempt to balance my social media content to keep me both informed about the world and inspired to create. Connectivity often feels like it keeps me chained or absent, but simultaneously it can also drive me to go make new things. Perhaps it's just an excuse I make for myself, but in my head there really is a push/pull that exists, and so I'm left trying to find a way to develop some kind of reasonable symmetry within the tension of my tech habits."

Listen below.

No comments:

Post a Comment