Thursday, June 11, 2020

Dublin's milk. are 'Always On Time'





Words: Ellie Ward 

Dublin four-piece milk. have recently dropped new single 'Always On Time', a taster of their upcoming debut EP, '1', out on June 19.

The alt-pop outfit move away from the upbeat electro-pop of previous singles, 'Drama Queen' and 'A Little More', to show their more downtempo side on this four-minute new offering.

With just a gentle guitar and yearning vocal opening, the dreamy track is a slow, unadorned effort that shines on its harmonies and neatly crafted layers of instrumentation and atmospheric textures.

"‘Always On Time’ is a song more about admiration of the attributes of one you love, rather than the love itself," explains vocalist Mark McKenna. "I wrote it over a weekend when I was away for work. I heard it in my head for a while and thought I was singing a song that already existed. Once I realised I wasn’t, I made a note of it and began to work on it myself!

"I made an early demo while I was away and sent it to our producer Adam Redmond. A while later, we went into his studio and worked on how to maintain the initial sincerity and intimacy of the demo, but still try to fill out the sound more and expand upon our ideas."

Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment