Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Introducing :: Air Traffic Controller



Consisting of six band members and a multitude of instrumentation, Air Traffic Controller are about to introduce their quirky indie pop to the UK for the first time with the release of single ‘Hurry Hurry’ on December 9. The track - which you can stream below - is taken from their second album ‘NORDO’(set for UK release early next year).

Serving in the US Navy as a real-life air traffic controller, singer/songwriter Dave Munro sent home 4-track demos he had written and recorded during his deployment. With his enlistment up, Munro returned to hometown Boston and discovered an impressive number of fans, prompting the genesis of the aptly-named rock band Air Traffic Controller.

Produced by one of Munro’s favourite music producers, Bleu, ‘Hurry Hurry’ is a tale that everyone can relate to depicting the day-to-day rush through life, often forgetting what is really important. As Munro states in his fast-paced, autobiographical, storytelling lyrics reminiscent of the likes of Paul Simon and Cat Stevens: “I hurried when I should've been in the zone, I hurried my loved ones off the phone, I hurried through sex - I know I know, I hurried my quiet time alone.”

Air Traffic Controller make their live UK debut in London later this month:

26th November- Buffalo Bar, Islington

29th November - Dublin Castle, Camden

Air Traffic Controller are: Dave Munro - lead vocals, guitar; Steve Scott - lead guitar, keys; Richie Munro - drums; Casey Sullivan - bass, banjo, backing vocals; Kiara Perico - viola.

FACEBOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment