Tuesday, March 15, 2016

** PREMIERE ** HOO HAs - This Is The New Me




Words: Ellie Ward

Exponents of "freak-rock", London quartet HOO HAs are about to follow last autumn's debut single with 'This Is The New Me', digitally released on April 18 - and which Little Indie is pleased to premiere here.

The track, taken from their upcoming self-titled debut EP, looks like equalling the praise they received for 'Yankee' in straddling a similar blues-rock-'n'-Britpop groove. Vocalist Jamie Handover leads a self-assured and earthy delivery of wry lyrics ("I haven't smoked all day/I didn't get drunk at lunchtime/this is the new me") in a deadpan, but beguilingly hooky fashion, over edgy guitar riffs.

Like their name implies, this bunch could be set to create a bit of a stir with their reinvented Blur-esque style.

More info: FACEBOOK


2 comments:

  1. I heard it being played on Gary Crowley's show last Saturday
    and my first impression was...well its different...and kind of early pink floydish.
    but not sure if this will increase their bank balances?
    I'd like to hear some more from the guys before I decide to take them seriously.

    ReplyDelete