Continuing our Great Escape festival artist previews of must see acts, we next take time out with Mozart's Sister.
Mozart’s Sister is the solo project of Montreal’s Caila Thompson-Hannant. Glittery, colourful, 90s dance pop with an underlying strain of brittle, claustrophobic energy. 'Field of Love', her new album, is the follow-up to her 2014 critically acclaimed debut 'Being'.
1. First time at TGE?
No, I've been with another band, many years ago.
2. Are you a seasoned Escaper as a punter, or a first-time newbie?
Googling 'punter' right now…
3. Will you be a Brighton day-tripper or staying for the whole event?
Day-tripper. I'm going in and out from London.
4. The highlight of your set will be...?
Seeing something different.
5. Where will we be likely to find you after your set: at the bar, on the beach, stuffing fish n chips, or other?
Having a coffee on the beach.
6. Aside from building sand(-or probably more pebble-)castles on the beach with your little bucket and spade, what else will you be up to in Brighton?
Hanging with friends and catching up with some meetings.
7. Who else playing at TGE are you hoping to see yourself, or would recommend others should put on their must see list?
I'll tell you after the fest!
8. Please give your festival appearance/s, venues and stage times.
May 18th Green Door Store 12:40pm
May 20th Komedia Studio 1:45 am
9. Any tips for festival goers?
If you see a teenage brawl, take heed.
...because I'll be there!
Track Mozart's Sister on FACEBOOK
The Great Escape takes place at various venues across Brighton between May 18 - 20. Click here for further information.