Wednesday, April 25, 2018

[Video] Hatchie - Sleep






Words: Ellie Ward

One of our favourite Australian artists, and UK Heavenly Recordings signee Hatchie - aka Harriette Pillbeam - is on the cusp of her new EP release, and after debuting its title track, 'Sugar & Spice', the Brisbane artist now drops dreamy new single, 'Sleep'.

“'Sleep’ is about feeling frustrated with someone who can’t communicate their feelings," reveals Harriette. "In this song I’m trying to coax someone into talking to me by any means necessary, even if it means visiting me in dreams. We made a bunch of dreamy sets to focus on, like I’m talking to them in their dreams. At some points I’m really serious, at other points I’m almost teasing them because I’m so over trying to get them to talk."

Watch the Joe Agius-directed video clip to 'Sleep' above.

Sugar & Spice is out on May 25 via Heavenly Recordings / Double Double Whammy.

Hatchie heads to the UK next month.

MAY
05  Live at Leeds, LEEDS
5-6 Sound City Festival, LIVERPOOL
06 Sounds from the Other City, SALFORD
07 Hare & Hounds, BIRMINGHAM
08 The Hug & Pint, GLASGOW
10 Shacklewell Arms, LONDON
16 The Social, LONDON
17-19 The Great Escape, BRIGHTON
22 Sebright Arms, LONDON

No comments:

Post a Comment