Monday, February 11, 2019

Listen :: Treeboy & Arc - Plastic Front


Credit: Bands on Film


Words: Sam Geary

‘Plastic Front’ is the latest release by Leeds DIY five-piece Treeboy & Arc. Out now on 7” vinyl via Come Play With Me as a split with Japanese band Jebiotto's 'Get Down', the track was produced by Chris Mulligan and came about after vocalist James Kay made a trip to Poland.

“I visited GdaƄsk for a short but sweet 26 hour and 10 minute trip. I was on my way back to the airport and I saw someone crash going about 60mph on the hard shoulder of the motorway. My immediate thought was that they must be dead, but after 7-8 Polish men and myself running over to check, we found the man to be alive and okay, just in a lot of disbelief and confusion. People pushed the car off the road as I helped clear up broken bits of plastic and glass, then everyone just headed off as if nothing had happened.”

Opening with a sharp, jangling guitar riff, the track soon bursts into life as it crashes into a darker, more sinister tone over three and a half minutes.

Treeboy & Arc play Wharf Chambers in Leeds on February 13, with more dates to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment