Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Club Kuru precede spring album with first cut 'By The Windowpane' 





Words: Sam Geary 

Club Kuru drop their follow-up album to last year's 'Giving In' debut, 'Meet Your Maker' on May 3.

Before that, the London-based duo offer its five-minute psych-rock first single, 'By The Windowpane'.

"I spend time each day sitting at my first floor window and watching the people going by in the street below. ‘By the Windowpane’ was inspired by the times I sat there," explains Laurie Erskine.

"Every now and then, I’d catch a reflection of myself in the glass, so I was looking through the glass and at myself at the same time. I felt sometimes that I was caught there: trapped in the windowpane. It made me think about the people who have disappeared from my life and how I couldn't see them anymore. And sitting there, rather than missing those people, I became content to watch the world go by and accepted how all things change."



No comments:

Post a Comment