Friday, October 11, 2019

Listen :: Milk Teeth - Given Up





Words: Sam Geary 

With their first new material this year, and a hint of a full-length next, Milk Teeth drop new single, 'Given Up'.

Described as "a taste of things to come", the song says vocalist Becky Blomfield "started as a more alt/folk acoustic song with a swung rhythm. "I put my head together with Em [Foster, guitarist] and we created something faster, with a lead line that is an earworm.

"It’s simplistic in its format intentionally to highlight the lyrics and mood conveyed. I wrote this at a time where both interpersonal relationships within Milk Teeth and my romantic relationship (that had ended around that time) had me feeling frustrated and angry.

"I was a victim of gaslighting and felt like I was going crazy for almost two years which broke me down to nothing. This song represents the process of working through that time and feeling empowered and realising it wasn’t my fault."

Listen in now.



Live dates

NOVEMBER
07 ST ALBANS The Horn
08 SWANSEA Sin City
09 LINCOLN 2Q Festival
10 BRISTOL The Exchange
11 PLYMOUTH The Junction
12 BOURNEMOUTH The Anvil
13 GUILDFORD Boileroom
14 BIRMINGHAM The Flapper
16 SHEFFIELD Record Junkee
17 LIVERPOOL Sound Basement

No comments:

Post a Comment