Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Billie Eilish releases 'Not My Responsibility' short film





Words: Ellie Ward 

On the opening night of her tour in Miami back in early March, Billie Eilish played a two-minute video with a spoken-word track addressing public perception and body shamers over her body and clothing choices.

Now she has released the film, titled Not My Responsibility.

The visual, which she wrote and produced, shows Eilish slowly removing layers of clothing only wearing a bra, then sinking down into a black, murky liquid. In the voice-over she asks, “Do you have opinions? About my opinons? About my music? About my clothes? About my body?” She closes the film with, “Is my value based only on your perception? Or is your opinion of me not my responsibility?”

Watch below.

No comments:

Post a Comment