Tuesday, May 26, 2020

‘For Heaven’s Sake’, Latenight Honeymoon!





Words: Steve Willcox

After lighting up the airwaves back in April with 'Sunlight, Latenight Honeymoon have just released new single, ‘For Heaven’s Sake’.

These London lads combine multi-genre sensibilities to create a cultured take on the indie-pop scene with this Mike Fraser (Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro)-produced track.

Starting with progressive synth loops, chilled drums soon start beating rhythmically alongside as the feeling of lockdown freedoms takes hold. Vocalist Ted Joyce delivers his lyrics in a relaxed fashion with an undercurrent of positivity:

“But I can’t stop myself from watching the world / Around me decease / And wishing you were here with me / So take my hand my darling / These are our darkest days / The devils words are so charming / Hold on for heaven’s sake.”

Definitely a tune to blast through the car speakers as you drive along the streets (lockdown permitting!) on those balmy hot nights of upcoming summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment