Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Best new tracks Down Under #29




With the vibrant indie music scene in Australia and New Zealand constantly outshining much of the output from their British and American cousins, Little Indie picks our weekly bunch of some of the best new tracks on offer.



SAME NAME CONFUSION - ESP (TELEPATHY)

Credit: Alex Matthews

The Wellington, NZ pop-rock outfit share this new track, a bouncy alt-pop infusion, their first release since last year's debut EP, 'In Theory'. Oz twang vocals delivered in their trademark style in this James Goldsmith produced three-minuter.
Facebook




FUTURE STRANGERS - MISS YOU


Coming ahead of debut EP (produced by Jack Arentz of Kult Kyss), a lo-fi, chilled track from Future Strangers, the new project of Melbourne-based producer and songwriter Matt Connelly. Whilst making music as Retro Culture, Matt found his start in music with his chillwave and 80s inspired synthpop, which has transcended into this solo outing, a slow-burning grower with likable vocal.
Facebook




PARADISE CLUB - THE SEED

Credit: Kyle Davis 

Adelaide alt-poppers Paradise Club sow shimmering guitars with a pulsing beat and rich synths on new single 'The Seed'. Lyrically, an introspective by frontman Gere Fuss of a rough time he was going through, it comes off their just released self-titled debut album. “I flew to Melbourne for a few days to finish off the album. We spent two and half days writing absolute shit,” recalls Fuss. “We knew this would be the first song on the record and wanted something memorable. A couple hours before driving back to the airport, we finally had it. The song talks about a rough patch I was in, going out every night, but then moves to explain that through all of that I was able to build friendships and earn experiences to write about and look back on with a smile.”
Facebook




GENES - BETTER


Released last week, North Queensland-via-Melbourne artist GENES unveils her smooth and confident latest single 'Better’. Beguiling vocals are overlaid on this feelgood, electronic dance-pop-bop, that came out of a break up that she thought would never end. “I wrote this to snap myself out of it - I knew I would get better, I just had to keep singing it over and over again to remind myself. And now I am BETTER and I am really LIVING this song in the present. Happiness looks and sounds good on me.”
Facebook




ADRIAN DZVUKE - DARLING


Rising Perth-based artist Adrian Dzvuke follows last year's R&B launch single 'Confidence', and collabs with Mali Jo$e and Otiuh, for this latest R&B infused gem. "The idea for 'Darling' actually came about in an unusual way," he says. "I was just intrigued with the word 'darling' for some reason around that time so I told myself to incorporate it into a song. I like making music with a lot of rhythms and always want people to move when they hear it, so that’s exactly what I aimed for with the help of Nigerian producer Ransom Beatz on the instrumental. It’s probably one of my favourite tracks I’ve released so far." Remember the name.
Facebook




JESSB - SHUT UP!


Auckland, NZ rap queen JessB is unequivocal on new single 'Shut Up!'.  Both this and previous club floor-banger 'Pon It' are from her as yet untitled mixtape due out at the end of the month. Sharp and snappy, just 'Shut Up!' and listen!
Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment