Friday, July 24, 2020

Track Of The Day :: T.O.L.D - Mind Schematics





Words: Ellie Ward 

Last heard from with 'Decisions', singer, songwriter and record producer Daniel Smith, aka T.O.L.D, is a name Little Indie first heard as far back as 2014 with 'Lucifer's Eyes'.

Now the Los Angeles-based Brit returns with the first single off his upcoming second album, 'Reborn Again'.

Out now, the lo-fi 'Mind Schematics' is a ballad that raises itself up with its ambient textures, yet still manages to instil a weighty presence through Daniel's lustrous vocals, accompanied by backing hiphop beats.

"When the Coronavirus lockdowns started, we were feeling bleak and scared," he relates. "I started making this ambient song in the studio and after laying down the first lines 'Help, help me out', my girlfriend and writing partner seemed worried, turned to me and said 'are you okay?' I realized we needed to lift ourselves up with this song, so I added a beat with organic shakers, 808's and phased out vocals. Suddenly the pensive chord progression became hopeful. It's like if Brian Eno made a banger."

Listen to 'Mind Schematics' here.

No comments:

Post a Comment