Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Listen :: GRAE - Permanent Maniac




Words: Sam Geary 

Toronto singer-songwriter GRAE has shared her new single, 'Permanent Maniac'.

The follow up to April’s 'Slow Down' fields an energetic array of electronic synths and vibrant percussion, joined by GRAE’s ethereal vocals on this alt-pop title track of her second EP.

"‘Permanent Manic’ is a love letter to Robert Smith from The Cure," she admits. "I’ve had a real obsession with him since I was a teenager and even went through a phase where I did my makeup like him and dressed like him. The Cure’s music hits me in a way like nothing else has, and I’m so inspired by Robert, his sound, his writing.

"This song is about how I love him, and he’ll never know. ‘Permanent Maniac’ is definitely the vibe I’ve been trying so hard to c­­reate for a long time. So, thank you once again, Robert Smith (if you’re reading this, I love you)."

Tune in below.

No comments:

Post a Comment