Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Ashnikko releases 'Demidevil' mixtape

Credit: Vasso Vu

The singer-rapper on many a Ones To Watch list, Ashnikko has releasd her ‘Demidevil’ mixtape. The London-based, North Carolina-born artist flaunts her multi-hyphenate genre spanning style throughout this ten track mixtape as she ricochets between themes of empowerment, vengeance to full blown side splitting humour. 

'Demidevil' follows her 2019 heartbreak anthem 'Hi, Its Me' EP which introduced the world to ‘STUPID’ and led to her clocking nearly 2 million followers on TikTok. 

The mixtape includes collaborations with Grimes, who appears on emo banger ‘Cry’; Kelis on the punky ‘Deal With It’; New Yorker Princess Nokia on the sapphic soaked dreamer ‘Slumber Party’, and there is also an updating of Avril Lavigne's ‘SK8R BOI’.

Ashnikko says on the mixtape: “The fruit of my loins, the apple of my eye, the product of my blood, sweat, snot, and tears, my mixtape DEMIDEVIL!!!!! I worked so hard on this music I don’t know how to even deal with it being released into the wild. Might have to hibernate for a week or two while everyone listens to it.”

Stream in full below.

No comments:

Post a Comment