Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Keep On Track :: Cold Ocean Lies



Cold Ocean Lies are four - Luke Brickett Haycock, Luke Marvin, Arran Bick, Harry Lehmann - young guys from Lichfield - though more commonly referred to as being from Birmingham - who formed in late 2013 from a mutual love of Smashing Pumpkins, Brian Jonestown Massacre and early Radiohead. Since forming, the quartet have been gigging extensively and have gone on to support the likes of Jaws and Darlia, with more shows supporting both bands upcoming.

The band released their debut single ‘The Game’ (produced by Cam Blackwood - George Ezra, London Grammar) on April 27, and have now unveiled its video accompaniment. The track itself is a heavy shoegaze-cross-rocker that leads on sharp guitars and a sense of youthful intensity.

'The Game' is the band's first output since making their early demos of ‘Fade’ and ‘Wasted Time’ available via Soundcloud last year. Written by the band's vocalist Luke Brickett Haycock, who described last yesr in interview how he came up with it. "Most of the time write lyrics when I’m walking on my own…this sounds weird, I sound like such a weirdo but I sing bits of songs to myself while I walk…only quietly in my head. But if I think of a nice line I’ll base the song around that. That’s what I did with 'The Game', I based it around the opening line: I crumble when I hear your name."

Having just played Live At Leeds Festival, next dates for Cold Ocean Lies are:

MAY    
08. BIRMINGHAM, The Library (supporting Darlia)
20. LONDON, Old Blue Last
JUNE    
06. BIRMINGHAM, Institute (supporting Jaws)
20. LEICESTER, The Musician
JULY
25. BIRMINGHAM, One Beat Festival


No comments:

Post a Comment