Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Introducing :: The Total Bettys




Words: Ellie Ward

Influenced by the likes of Bully, Chumped and Best Coast, are new San Francisco punk poppers The Total Bettys.

After only getting together a few months ago, the four have wasted no time in putting out their debut EP, 'Connect With The Couch' a few weeks ago. Recorded in guitarist Bri Barrett's apartment and mixed by Matt Regan of Hand and a Half
Records, the three-track record of witty, self-deprecating lyrics and grungey guitars cased in listen-again melodic structures.

Check out our favourite of the three tracks, 'Earthquake', below, where vocalist Maggie Grabmeier's distinctive vocal carries engaging touches of Courtney Barnett as she sings: "I thought I'd like the West Coast/but I don't/I said I'd go outside/but I know I won't/When my mom calls/I tell her I've got lots of friends/When I hang up I just go get stoned again."

The Total Bettys are: Maggie Grabmeier, vocals, rhythm guitar; Bri Barrett, lead guitar; Anthony Adani, bass; Chris Nolasco, drums.

FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment