Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Goon Sax announce first UK tour and reveal new video for single 'Up To Anything'




Words: Ellie Ward

The Goon Sax, the Brisbane three-piece we first mentioned here in December, are heading to the UK.

Following the release of their debut album 'Up To Anything' in April, the teens - Louis Forster, James Harrison and Riley Jones, all 17-18 years old - they make their first appearance in the UK on September 27 at London's Shacklewell Arms. See all dates below.

They also shared the new retro video for recent single and album title track, 'Up To Anything'.

Singer Louis Forster had this to say about the track:

"'Up To Anything' is the second last song I wrote for the album of the same name. I remember sitting down on the couch in my living room, it was 2 in the afternoon, the middle of summer and I hadn't changed out of my pyjamas yet. I was waiting for James to come over, and suddenly I was playing the riff, the rest of the song came very quickly after that. The lyrics were just a snapshot of my life, which at that time felt tiresome and slow. A few weeks later I showed it to the band, and it became the standard opener for our set."



Tour dates:

September
22 Teatro del Arte, Madrid - Spain
23 Lata de Bombillas, Zaragoza - Spain
27 Shacklewell Arms, London
28 Headrow House, Leeds
29 Eagle Inn, Manchester
30 Mono, Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment