Wednesday, August 03, 2016

[Video] White Lies - Take It Out On Me





Ahead of the release of their fourth album ‘Friends’ on October 7 (the first release under a new deal with BMG), White Lies share the first single from the album, ‘Take It Out On Me’.

Available now, White Lies have collaborated with award-winning Mexican film director David Pablos to create the video for ‘Take It Out On Me’. The collaboration came about when White lies saw ‘The Chosen Ones’ on Netflix and tracked the director down via Facebook.

‘Take It Out On Me’ is the debut music video by the cult director. Says Pablos of the video: “I had wanted to make a music video for quite a long time. I told everyone I knew in Mexico, how much I was looking for this opportunity, but nothing happened… And suddenly, out of nowhere, I got a message from White Lies, inviting me to collaborate with them! How exciting this was! The music video for 'Take It Out On Me' is a reinterpretation of traditional stories of saints, in modern day Tijuana, mixed with elements from the film Theorem by Pier Paolo Pasolini. A little bit of dark humor and that’s the final result!”


No comments:

Post a Comment