Monday, May 15, 2017

Listen :: Amber Arcades - Wouldn’t Even Know (Feat. Bill Ryder-Jones)


Credit: Nick Helderman


Words: Sam Geary

Dutch-born musician Annelotte De Graaf - aka Amber Arcades -releases her new EP 'Cannonball' on June 2 via Heavenly Recordings, and to welcome it in she has shared 'Wouldn’t Ever Know', a duet with singer-songwriter Bill Ryder-Jones.

This is the fourth track from the album - the follow-up to last year's debut, 'Fading Lines' - after 'It Changes', 'Can’t Say That We Tried', and a Nick Drake cover, 'Which Will'.

“This may be the song I’m most proud of so far… It’s been a long time in the making, starting out with the chorus which I initially thought was gonna be for a funky kind of jam,” Annelotte says of 'Wouldn’t Ever Know. “Then, after a long time fermenting in my brain, I pieced it together with this slow Yo La Tengo kinda verse that’d been popping up in my thoughts. The result is this tune which makes me feel melancholic but uplifted at the same time. Also super into Bill’s vocals on it. His dark broody voice really ties it all together.”

Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment